It’s been awhile!
I owe you some recipes, and an explanation of where I disappeared to these past few months, but first things first, our biggest news. Can you guess?
Along with these raspberry jam cinnamon rolls, we’ve got our own little bun in the oven!! (couldn’t resist the pun!)
I’m 27 weeks along, and this little babe should be making his arrival in late August. Now that I’m almost to the third trimester, continuing to balloon out, the belly kicks getting stronger every day (he’s seriously a ninja in there), this whole having a baby thing is starting to feel a lot more real!
- 3 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room-temperature (soft and easily spreadable)
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- splash of milk or cream, as desired