Fizzy and floral strawberry basil sodas combine sweet macerated strawberries with fresh basil leaves for a flavorful and refreshing mocktail you’ll want to sip on all Summer long.
The hubby unexpectedly had the morning off from work yesterday, and as if getting the chance to enjoy a leisurely breakfast together wasn’t enough, he offered to take me on a strawberry picking date.
Mere moments after he uttered the words, shoes were on, keys and camera were in hand, and we were headed to Picha Farms, a third generation u-pick berry (and pumpkin) farm, in the farm-dotted countryside about a half hour east of us.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped or torn
- sparking water (I like Le Croix)
- fresh strawberries, for serving